Providing Better IT
Sign up for our free newsletter:
Virus and Security Information
> Virus and Security Information
Unfortunately the Internet has grown into a potentially nasty place. There
are certain simple things that you can and should do to minimise your risks.
Install an current and updatable Anti Virus and Firewall Solution on all Desktop PC's.
We recommend AVG Anti Virus and Firewall Solutions, these are amongst the
best in the industry and cover Windows Anti-Virus, Windows Anti-Spyware, Windows
Anti Malware and Windows Firewall Products. AVG also supply Anti-Virus solutions
for Microsoft servers as well as Anti Virus for Linux Servers, you can buy them
If you are using a Microsoft Windows computer, you should take these additional steps:
1. Make sure you have a Genuine installation of your Windows software,
you can check
2. Make sure your computer is patched with the latest Windows security, check here.
3. Switch on Windows Automatic Update, you can do this here.
4. Install Mozilla Firefox for your web browser, it's free, get it here.
5. Install Mozilla Thunderbird as your email client, it's free, get it here.